These Nationally Accredited courses provide learners with the skills and knowledge required to safely enter, work within and exit confined spaces and to safely identify and apply the use of industry gas detection equipment inside and outside confined spaces and conduct a hazard analysis (JSA, JHA, JSEA, SWMS).
Learning for the course includes:
- Hazard identification and awareness
- Oxygen levels
- Explosive or flammable atmospheres
- Hazardous gases
- Preparation of Permits
- Gases and their physical properties
- How gases perform in confined spaces
- Detection equipment and its operation
- Caring for detection equipment
- Bumping, calibrating and charging devices
- Manual charging along with current computer based docking stations
- Types of devices
- Gas detection tubes
- Hot work
- Rubber lining
- Following permit requirements
- Equipment that can and cannot be used in a confined space
- Sentry requirements
- Signing off
- Securing the space while empty
Sitetrain will provide the use of our training trailer throughout the course at your workplace.
The course will be delivered using a combination of classroom-based instruction and practical skills development sessions. Training will be co-ordinated from Sitetrain head office and delivered at your workplace.
Learners will participate in facilitated learning sessions using PowerPoint presentations, handouts, breakout sessions and discussion. During practical sessions, learners will be divided into groups and be instructed on a range of practical skills using confined space entry permits and hazard awareness documentation (JSA).