This Nationally Accredited course provides learners with the skills and knowledge required to operate and maintain a four wheel drive (4WD) vehicle.
Learning for the course includes:
- Identifying 4WD specific terms, terminology, techniques and hazard awareness
- Performing pre-departure checks
- Performing maintenance and minor repairs on 4WDs
- Planning for minimal environmental impact
- Using 4WD mode
- Co-ordinate and recover a vehicle
Your workplace (or individual students) are required to provide their own fully capable and road-worthy 4WD vehicles for this course with a maximum of 2 students per vehicle.
The course will be delivered using a combination of classroom-based instruction and practical skills development sessions. Training will be co-ordinated from Sitetrain head office and delivered at your workplace.
Learners will participate in facilitated learning sessions using PowerPoint presentations, handouts, off-road driving in various terrains, participation in practical scenarios.