COST PER STUDENT: $700.00 if the course is held at your workplace using your equipment. Please contact Sitetrain for a customised quote to provide our EWP training at another venue.
This Nationally Accredited course provides learners with the skills and knowledge required to operate an “EWP” with a boom length of 11 metres or more safely. A person performing this work is required to hold a High Risk Work (HRW) licence.
Learning for the course includes:
- Planning work requirements – hazards, work area, EWP operation, shutting down and securing the area.
- Conducting routine checks – pre-start of machine and work area, safety equipment, Maintenance requests and incident reports.
- Setting up the EWP – ground suitability, packing of outriggers (if fitted), overhead power lines and other hazards.
- Operating the EWP – basket and ground controls emergency situations, appropriate practices during operations.
- Shutting down and securing EWP – lowering and stowing relevant to machine type, disconnecting safety equipment.
Sitetrain will come to your workplace for this training and assessment so your staff can become accustomed to your equipment. Alternatively, Sitetrain can provide a suitable training area and equipment near your workplace.
The course will be delivered using a combination of classroom-based instruction and practical skills development sessions. Training will be co-ordinated from Sitetrain head office and delivered at your workplace.
Learners will participate in facilitated learning sessions using PowerPoint presentations, handouts, practical exercises on an EWP and discussion.
DURATION: 3 days:
Day 1: Theory and paperwork preparation, EWP pre-start and familiarisation, practical exercises.
Day 2: Theory, practical exercises and Sitetrain’s theory examination and EWP proficiency assessment by our Trainer.
Day 3: Assessment for High Risk Work licence by an independent HRW Assessor. This involves both theory and practical skills examination.